Terms and Conditions
RMIT Mentoring Terms & Conditions
Industry Mentoring Terms & Conditions
Mentors and mentees agree to the following Terms and Conditions when lodging their registrations:
- Provide accurate information, including work experience and qualifications
Understand and accept the aims and limitations of this program
Offer feedback, through partnership surveys to enable RMIT to evaluate and develop the program
Be aware of RMIT’s values, which include welcoming and respecting diversity, and commit to preserve and support these throughout interactions on the program
Maintain the confidentiality of information shared within the mentoring partnership
Report any potential conflicts of interest to the RMIT mentoring team
Advise the RMIT mentoring team immediately if a problem arises in the mentoring relationship
Advise the RMIT mentoring team in writing if they do not wish to appear in videos or photos taken at events, workshops and other activities
Display professional behaviour throughout the mentoring partnerships
In addition, mentors are required to:
Provide RMIT with a valid professional referee. RMIT will contact that referee to confirm eligibility to mentor in RMIT programs. If an unsatisfactory reference check is received, RMIT may deny or suspend that mentors participation without notification.
Provide a valid Working with Children Check (‘WWCC’) to RMIT, or signal your willingness to undertake a WWCC free of charge. Notify RMIT immediately of any changes to the status or validity of your WWCC.
Consent to your profile being visible to students when shortlisted in the matching process. Contact emails and phone numbers will not be visible to students in mentor profiles, until a partnership is established.
Allow their profile to be visible to other mentors in the program.
In addition, student mentees are required to:
Consent to their student mentee profile being visible to mentors (excluding the Pride program in which all student registrations are invisible to other students). Contact emails and phone numbers will not be visible in student mentee profiles, until a partnership is established.
For students, adhere to the RMIT student code of conduct
RMIT may at its sole discretion withdraw, suspend or refuse the mentor and mentee participation in the program for any reason without notice. In particular, this discretion may be exercised where, in RMIT’s opinion, any of the following has occurred:
RMIT has a reasonable concern regarding non-compliance with any of these Terms and Conditions and guidelines, or any applicable law or regulation.
Misleading, deceptive or incorrect information has been provided by an individual.
A complaint has been received about the individual.
An individual’s participation in the program is likely to, or does, damage or is detrimental to RMIT’s reputation or brand.
Chronus Terms of Service
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) applies to your use of the Chronus Services (“Services”) and any content you contribute (“Content”). You agree you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this AUP. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Services, networks connected to the Services or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks through any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
User Conduct. The Services allow you to submit Content. You agree to only submit Content that is proper. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when submitting Content, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Submit Content in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another.
- Download any file posted by another user of the Services that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Submission Tool specifically allows such messages.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
Chronus has no obligation to monitor your Content. However, we reserve the right to review materials posted and to remove any materials in our sole discretion.
Chronus reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
Chronus reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion.
Use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information. Chronus does not control or endorse the content, messages or information submitted in the Services and, therefore, Chronus specifically disclaims any liability with regard to any submissions in the Services and any actions resulting from your submission of Content and participation in any areas where content may be submitted in the Services.
Use of Content. Your Content will be able to be viewed by other users of the Services. You should only provide your Content if you are comfortable sharing it with others.
You understand that Chronus does not guarantee the confidentiality of your Content and you shall be solely responsible for your Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content on the Services. You represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish your Content.
You retain all right in your Content. By submitting your Content through the Services you hereby grant Chronus a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform your Content in connection with the Services.